Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Gibby
So far everything Yondering has said is my experience as well.

No more 800X for me.

BlueDot,? well the 10mm is too close to the internals of the .41 Magnum for me to use it. (different bullets weights granted)

You can learn a lot from McNett.

Longshot is very safe. My favorite now.

AA#9 ,can't beat it.

Starline brass only. Toss away the others if you want nuclear loads.

Hey Gibby, I don't want to hi-jack this thread but, using new starline brass, do you guys chunk em after two or three firings? just want to make sure I haven't missed anything on getting to know the 10mm.

I shoot a Delta Elite. At max you will have a slight smile (1275-1300fps with 180gr). I do not go further than 1250 with 180gr. XTP or Hardcast. That little bit extra velocity seems to raise the pressure too much for me.

I liked using Starline Nickel but do not now. I was trying to be easy on my extractor using Nickel, being that the 10mm is a long case. I do not think it makes a difference in ejection, so I quit using it.

When using the Redding feed through die to size the whole case, I thought the Nickle was too brittle. I did notice with the brass that I used around 1300+ fps after ultrasonic cleaning and sizing I saw a small folding on the inside of the case where the smile was. That is the main reason I backed down the loads. Accuracy was better also.

The Glock with the aftermarket barrels would be okay I think.

I still use the fired cases for reduced plinking loads. I shoot the Delta a lot. You do not need full house loads all the time.

I run a 22# Wolf Recoil spring, 26# mainspring and a square bottom firing pin stop. Cases eject 4-6 feet.

With Ransom Rest, 1 1/2" to 1 3/4" @ 50 yards is what that gun will do all day long.

Federal LP Match, 180 XTP, Longshot Powder.

PS: I do not post powder weights on the interweb.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.