Originally Posted by rnovi
The only problem I see with Imgur is that any "Free" model is doomed to failure long term.

Data storage costs money. Bandwidth costs money.

So how does Imgur make money? At some point, they have to or they cease to be a going concern.

I don't fault PBucket for trying to make a buck...but I sure do fault them for how they did it. I terminated my account with them and haven't decided where I will yet. Do I think it makes a difference to them? No. No matter how I calculate it, PB makes more money without me (saves bandwidth, etc.). Even if just 10% of their base decides to renew, then they make that much more money.

I haven't deleted my PB account yet and have a wait and see attitude. Even if I delete my account with them, no harm, no foul. I had great, free use out of PB for years and bear them no ill will. I think trying to charge the amount they are attempting to is stupid, but what do I know? I also don't like the way they did things, but that's up to them.

I've had a Flikr account for years also. I'd use it here when PB periodically [bleep]. Flikr was never as user-friendly as PB IMO. It became increasingly so to the point that I can't even seem to post pics from my account there anymore. I've asked about it on here before but nobody ever replies.

I appreciate Rick hosting pics but the problem I see is that you have to downsize the pics to a tiny size.

I'm currently using Imgur and it seems okay.