Yeah, I'd go 6.5 Creedmoor as well. With heavier bullets I've found the big game performance of smaller 6.5 and 7mm cartridges indistinguishable in the field--and with the Creedmoor, .257 Roberts performance with lighter bullets can easily be duplicated by handloading. Plus, the Creedmoor is rapidly becoming a standard chambering, with the attendant widespread availability of both brass and a wide array of factory ammo. The last may not seem all that important to handloaders, but popularity guarantees not only easy availability of brass, but decent prices.

Plus, the dang thing is indeed accurate. A couple days ago I was sighting-in a Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor for an upcoming magazine article. I just threw together some handloads, using a combination that tends to shoot well in any of them, 41.5 grains of H4350 and the 140-grain Berger Hunting VLD. After shooting a couple of shots at 25 yards to guarantee being on paper at 100, I fired a 5-shot group. The hole just kept getting darker, because all 5 went into .33"....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck