I finally got a chance to get the 338 and 375 sighted in.
The first shot with the 375 Ruger was a shore 'nough flinch!
(I asked my buddy to load it for me, to see if I've developed a flinch. Obviously I did.)
I was a little hesitant since this was the first time I've shot anything with much recoil since my shoulder surgery.
The iron sights hit 2" low at 50 yds. using the Hornady 270gr SP load.
This Hornady ammo is really accurate, even though I got a lot of reloading components and dies with this rifle, it might be a while before I need to do any for this rifle. It's like it's the big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor. smile blush cool

4 rounds run as fast as I could @50 offhand made a 4" group.
Better than I'd hoped what with my shooting skills gone rusty.

I brought two scopes to sight in on the Alaskan, the Vari-XIII 1.5-5x20 standard duplex in the low Leupold rings, and a Leupold VXII 2-7x33 w/heavy duplex in Ruger #3 and #4 rings (low).
I really like the Leupold rings, they get me almost down to iron sight alignment/cheek weld.
The Ruger lows are OK, but I like the Leupy's better.
3 shot groups are an inch or under with either scope.
Darn thing shoots like a varmint rifle! (Kicks too much for prairie dog town use, and it gets really hot shooting it in 87* sunshine)
The HS Precision stock is very comfortable, and luckily came to me in my length of pull, 13 1/4".

The Sako 338 WM was uneventful, sight in the Redfield 2-7, and proceed to shoot one inch 3 shot groups using 225gr Barnes XLC's,
IMR 4350 and CCI 250's.

After 20 rounds of 375 Ruger, and 12 rounds of 338, I had my limit of recoil for the day.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!