The lube I use with my 38-55 is called Winds Wonder Wax. Modified Emmerts lube. 50%beeswax, 40%Crisco, 10% Vaseline(generic). Use a double boiler to melt the beeswax, mix in the crisco and Vaseline.
What I do is stand the bullets up in a tupperware or other flat bottom pan, about 3/8-1/2" apart.Melt the lube with a double boiler and pour it into the pan with the bullets till it reaches the top of the lube grooves.With the pan on a trivet it takes about an hour for the lube to set up enough to dump it out of the pan, it won't be cold, just cool enough to setup. Dump the cake out of the pan, turn it over and with thumb pressure push the bullets out of the cake while supporting the underside of the cake with your fingers. If you break the cake apart at a bullet, it will usually pull the lube out of the bullet grooves so try to keep the cake in one piece. I drop them out onto a sheet of newspaper, then stack them on their base overnight to finish cooling and setting up. Once you have the bullets out, you can place more bullets in the holes of the cake and put it in the oven till the lube melts to lube another batch of bullets.
It's working very well for me at these velocities, and I've read of others using it up to 1850 or better.

Over on the cast boolet site r5r has a lube he calls simple lube that seems to work well also.