Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by Dude270
Any Idea on the magazines OAL on these?

Not a clue. I'm betting it's longer.

Any word on which magazine the T3X 6.5 Creedmoor will use ?
I'm thinking it will be the 308/7-08/260/243 magazine; if so I'm going to pick up a few beforehand.

StarchedCover

The magazines that came with my 1-8 22-250 appear to be exactly the same as my 7-08 Tikka magazine.

I loaded a factory 6.5 Creed round, a 140 grain Hornady hpbt, in one and the tip of the bullet barely had room to clear. I'm hoping the Creed magazines do have a bit longer OAL.

By the way, a 22-250 round in those magazines has a lot of extra room for longer bullets!

I don't have any idea about the mag changes yet, but I know it was reworked. I'm expecting it to be longer....

Some suggest it needs to be modified because of the lack of taper and I've not seen that issue. I've experimented with them in the standard T3x and they feed just fine.

Although one of the design features of the Creedmoor was to function in SA mag boxes, most handloaders realized long ago that didn't always work. If your chasing the lands with Bergers or some of the other high BC bullets, they're simply isn't enough room in a 2.80" mag box.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!