Buds had it for $544 without cash discount, and Marlin had the $100 rebate. FFL was $11. Got the GBL, which is 18.5 and pistol grip. I think pistol grip is a natural grip. Others like the straight, say it handles faster.

First laminate gun. Like the idea in theory. Wood feels dry, to much grain appearance. Can feel a line in it. Not sure if you can sand laminate or if it is worth it. Normally not caressing my rifle stock. My 1894 is nothing special to look at.

I do like the edges are rounded over on the ejection port. I sliced my hand good on my 1894 cleaning it.

Not as smooth as 1894, but I think that may be because of mass, it is stouter gun. Cycled it about 400 times, to work on it. Made up some dummy rounds, cycled 50 times or so. Only problem was upside down, and that was stoping and going. Being that it is unsupported, I don't think it is an issue. shooting posistion and vertical, fine, going slow and fast.

Going to start with Reloader 7 and Hornady 350 interlocks. Going to load to around 1600. See how it does and feels.Going to sight it in at 75 yards, according Spot On, that should be pretty flat, with only 1.75 drop at 100 yards. Usually hunting around 40 yards or less.

Need to get loading trays, does not fit 44 mag trays.

When I saw those dummy rounds loaded up I got to say, damn these are big. You think 30-06 is longer, so no big deal.

Got a Leupold VX2 2-7 with hold over dots, that will go on it. I was thinking VX3i 1.5-5 someday. Warnce steel mounts and Leupold low profile QRW. Not on yet.

So far, after Remington retooled the Marlin line couple years ago, it seems they are past the problems the were having. Bough it wasn't all the line. There were quality control and worker problems. Buggered screws.