I saw my cousin at church yesterday and she said their cabin at Loon Lake was destroyed. It was just a summer cabin not a residence so not as devastating as those who have lost everything, but it's still a loss. Down here in the Fraser Valley there has been a lot of smoke and some really interesting orange sun- and moonrises and -sets. My gf in Bellingham WA has been getting some stunning pics, too, as the smoke has had the temerity to cross the border without permission.

Alas, the idiots are running amok unimpeded: Happy to be home, Williams Lake man fined for setting off fireworks

"It is careless acts such as this that have the real potential to trigger even more interface wildfires in the area," said Cpl. Jesse O'Donaghey in a release.

Officers say people called police early Saturday morning to complain about fireworks at a property near Carson Drive and Central Court.

Williams Lake RCMP says it found the man who was intoxicated with several empty fireworks canisters on his property.

Police say the Williams Lake resident admitted to setting off the fireworks to celebrate returning home after a recent evacuation order was lifted.

Police detained the man until he was not longer intoxicated.

He was fined more than $1,000 for for allegedly dropping, releasing or mishandling a burning substance, as well as for failing to comply with high risk activity restrictions under the provincial B.C. Wildfire Act and its regulations.

Police say they're thankful to people who called in the complaint.

"Had this man's actions been overlooked, the outcome could have been dire for the entire community," the release said.

​Williams Lake remains on an evacuation alert.

As someone on another forum commented, "The stupid is strong with this one."

Oops... this one as well:

The police in Merritt nabbed some tard that had soaked some grass with diesel and then was trying to light it with a cigarette. They sent him to Kamloops for a psychiatric evaluation. Hope this moron doesn't start a fire once he gets through the revolving door over there

Last edited by Stuart; 08/07/17.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.