I hunt mostly GA. I gave up the 30-06 and have been hunting with several 308's over the last 8-9 years. I can get Ruger Americans for under $350 out the door and the Predator under $390. At that price and with match grade ammo selling for about $30/box it was hard not to try the Creedmoor. I do load for it too. I was shooting it at the range this morning and posted 3 different 200 yard groups under 1 1/2". The rifle and ammo is probably capable of better, but that is about as good as I can shoot.

To be honest my best 308 with the best loads will match it for accuracy and at the ranges I shoot at game no animal will ever know the difference. In a hunting situation you'll never notice the difference in recoil, but you will after a few rounds at the range. There is just enough difference to be noticeable. If you hand load bullets are a little less expensive and it uses a little less powder so it is a little cheaper to feed.

I don't expect it to do anything my 308's won't do. But I don't regret buying it either. Now I wouldn't have gone out and spent $800-$1000 on one unless I planned on it being my primary hunting rifle. And who knows, I may come to like the round well enough to invest in a nicer rifle down the road. Probably won't be any more accurate than the one I have though.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.