Sawyer also makes a picarin spray to treat your clothes with. If left outside to air out the smell is barely noticeable and it stays on for a couple of washing cycles too.

When I was bow hunting in the cedar breaks I used Deep Woods Off spray. It has cedar & pine oil in it to mask the smell. It worked in evergreens and it also was a sort of cover scent. I had deer approach within ten feet down wind after dousing myself with this stuff. Other natural substances also work in the same way. Vanilla extract works for mosquitoes and can be an attractant. Ponderosa sap works some. I have tumble dried my clothes with sage and evergreen branches and it helped as a repellent and cover scent. I also use Lemon Eucalyptus mixed with cedar oil and this doesn't seem to alarm deer.

When the mosquitoes are bad I double up and use two or more types of repellent. I have only had good luck with thermocells inside of a blind or pop up.

The Elk will smell you no matter what if they are down wind of you. When stalking I carry a bottle of unscented talcum to check for thermals and winds you can't feel. A lighter works some too but not as well as the talcum.

Forgot to add the best thing I have used for ticks and chiggers is dusting sulpher on your shoes, socks and pants legs. Deer sure smell it but don't seem to be alarmed by the smell. They will snort out of curiosity but usually don't run.

Last edited by Tejano; 08/15/17.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli