Originally Posted by CKW
Shot the rifle with the Minox ZV-3 3-9X40 scope today.

The view through the scope is excellent to my eyes. The reticle is bold and the view through the scope is very crisp. I like it a lot.

With the rifle in the sunlight I tried getting it to show the veiling flare I mentioned earlier. I could not find a problem in daylight at all. (I guess the fluorescent lights in my basement room are not a good test of veiling flare. --I don't expect to be hunting under florescent lights! laugh )

The scope seems to handle the recoil of the 7MM Remington Magnum and there were no close encounters with the eye-piece.

Above about 6X the eye-box seems much more constrained and going to 9X from 6X did not help me see bullet holes any better at 100 yards. I will use the scope at 6X or less and be more than satisfied.

I have a second one but have not mounted it yet so don't know if it acts the same above 6X as the first.

I'd be interested in knowing if you get that flare with a setting sun at your back. Most of our shooting down here is done just after sunset in low light conditions. That flare will show up on some pretty good scopes with the scope facing east.