Paul, don't really know about flare with the sun low on the horizon from behind me. Will have to try that when given the opportunity. The times I have noticed the most flare in the past with other scopes is when looking towards the sun trying to see into a shade darkened canyon.

I shot the rifle with the scope this week with the sun behind me but it was in late morning (9:30 to 12:00) and didn't notice any flare at all. I still like the scope and reticle and the view. I normally set it on 5X when shooting at targets. At 5X the view is most pleasing to my eye, plenty of resolution for distances well beyond my shooting skill, coupled with excellent low-light performance.

I expect to try the scope a little this fall when hunting in the late afternoon, my primary rifle will have a Leupold 6X36 with LRD reticle, but the Minox scope and reticle seems better to me as light fades - but the rifle with the Minox weighs over 2 lbs. more than the one with the Leupold - so don't plan on carrying it as much!

The booklet that came with with scope gives 96mm of eye-relief, think that translates to about 3.8". I have not had any problem with eye-relief with it set on 5X from a bench, but have not shot it from a sitting position with a tight sling which is when I tend to crawl the stock the most.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson