Originally Posted by Ray
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The BalscopeSR is a classic, one of the finest in my opinion. The 60x lens is kinda useless, 30x is the one that's most practical/useful. The set as pictured is probably worth $350.00 +/-.

Are you guys talking about the eyepiece being 30x, such as a scope like this: 30 eyepiece x 60mm lens in front?

I was looking through 2 Vortex spotting scopes yesterday, one had a 20-60 x 60mm lens, and the other a 20-60 x 80mm. Both were very clear all the way to 60x, but the one with the biggest lens up front (80mm) was clearer as it got darker, although hard to tell. But then, the air in Alaska is crystal clear, so maybe that's why I could not tell the difference. Now, there is a clear difference between a very expensive Swarovski scope of the same magnification and the $400.00 to $600.00 Vortex. But I don't want to pay nearly $2K for a spotting scope I mostly use at the firing range.

Yes, the eyepiece is 60X. It's kinda hard to find what you want to see on a 60X since the field of view is so small. However I have used one in 300 yd. benchrest matches to see bullet holes. You can do this with these scopes... done it for years.

The clarity of the image on these scopes will surprise you. B & L made good products back then.

FWIW I have used mostly 20X and 30X lenses for years. They are more practical for most use.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 08/21/17.