Actually that model would have been produced after ww2, at some point in the 50s or early 60s.
They then updated it somewhat by adding a threaded tripod connection lug and changed the color to more of a turquoise green color.
Opticly however they remained the same. That newer model was produced to about the early 70s.
The storage box was also an option from B&L, so that also is original adding to its value for a collector.
A company in Boston by name of Frank Meishner, created an adjustable bracket whereby two of those scopes could be joined together and
used as large binoculars.
They also produced a round rotating turret which attached to the scope by way of the rear lens cover threads.
It held 3 separate eyepieces in whatever power configuration the user chose.
Bausch & Lomb also offered those scopes as either twin or single version with the turret installed as a factory item.
Many users however just sent their scopes to Meishner directly for the work to be done.
At one time they were very popular among long range hunters in places like PA. I have a photo of a group of about 6 long range hunters glassing for deer on hillsides across a valley, and all are using those glasses.
We still have and use regularly 2 sets of them in our PA camp.
Side by side evaluation with newer scopes with larger objective lenses will bring out the sweat on the foreheads of those who spent thousands
on the twin Swarovskis and Kowas.
I have a set of 77mm Kowas also, so I can say that with the experience of having done that many times.

Last edited by yobuck; 09/19/17.