Thanks, guys.

Maybe 3-4 years ago the 250 AccuBonds were widely available, and the 286 Partitions weren't. In fact I ended up selling a box of the 286's to a guy who really needed some for an upcoming hunt. So it can work both ways.

Have used my 9.3x62 as the "light" rifle on one buffalo/plains game safari where longer shots might be necessary, and as the larger rifle on a purely plains game hunt in semi-open country as well. I sure could have taken another rifle (there are certainly enough of the damn things lying around here), but since starting to use the 9.3x62 in 2002, my other medium-bores in that class have been gathering dust--except for my 9.3 Barsness-Sisk, which provides the same ballistics in a short-actioned, lighter rifle. The B-S was the one that got picked to go to Alaska for an interior bear hunt, for instance, where it took both a black and grizzly.

Used my .338 Winchester Magnum for many hunts in the 1990's, but for the same purposes I now use my 9.3's with 250's. Used to use the .375 H&H quite a bit as well, in fact had two for a while, though now am down to one. But now I use my 9.3's with 286's instead. Maybe that means I'll lose my Rifle Loony Card pretty soon!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck