I like the Winchester best. I think it was called 9422 and could be purchased in 22mag. My buddy had one, I was always a little jealous. It was a real classy looking and accurate gun.

I never care much for the Marlin, mainly because it was 22LR only with no magnum version available. also too long a barrel. And a big bolt on the side is ugly. In spite of all that I would say the Marlin looks better than the Henry. It has a steel frame and the ugly look is now classic. The Henry has a boxy look and seem like the whole product line was beat with the ugly stick. In addition to ugly, the Henry line also seems to contain rifles with a lot of inappropriate style features for the time period firearms thy offer. Even in 45/70, if I was forced to choose between a slip shod remlin and a henry, I would gamble on the remlin.

The one thing Henry has going for it is the "Made in USA" theme and apparent genuine enthusiasm of the owner. I believe with the right attitude and listen to the customer the company should do well. It may simple be a case of the modern customer and myself are not in step.