I shot an Oryx, on the white sands missile range hunt, a couple years ago with a 338 rum running a 225 gr accubond at just over 3000 fps. All set up for a long range shot......sure enough, I kill my bull at 67 yards. He was almost perfectly broadside, and with the vitals a little further forward than our native animals, I held for dead center in the front leg about 1/3 up into the body. I remember thinking this was gonna be a test for how tough that bullet is. One shot kill, and he "snow-plowed" on his nose for about 30 yds. I recovered the bullet under the skin on the opposite side....touching the rear side of the leg bone. It weighed 138 gr, and had a perfect mushroom of .550-.600" in diameter, depending on where you measure. Couldn't believe anything was left, let alone looking like textbook expansion, and retaining 61% of its weight. The partitions I've recovered under similar conditions (close with fast velocities, on bull elk) had little to no mushroom left.....all the front lead missing and unraveled strands of copper trailing back. Both performed fine, killing the animals clean, but the accubond gives me more of what I want in a hunting bullet. The accubonds also have the edge at long range and are usually a little more accurate. I wouldn't ever feel handicapped hunting with a partition, but just prefer the accubond.

Andy3