Several years ago I used my llamas to pack out a deer for a friend. As a thank you he gave me one of these solar tent lights. Mine recharges by solar only. The newer version can also be recharged by using a USB source.
The light is inflatable. When flat, it's under 1" high. It inflates to a 5" cube which nicely diffuses the light through a tent. It weighs 5 oz. During the day, it can be tied on top of a pack to recharge. It's LED and uses very little power. I've never run it down but on full power it's supposed to run for 3 to 5 hrs on a full charge, 24 hrs on the lowest setting. My tent is light gray silnylon, 10x10' and tall enough to stand up in. The light does a good job of lighting it up. It's totally sealed from water and is very rugged. You can toss or kick it around without worrying about damaging it. It could be useful for night fishing, too.

I just got home from taking a group of boy scouts on a pack trip. There are fire restrictions in place now and campfires aren't allowed. The boys got innovative for the traditional boy scout camp fire things. They set my light on a rock and used it for a campfire.

A quick search found them at a number of sites like REI, Amazon, et al. The price seems to be fixed at 19.95. Of course some sites offer free shipping while others don't.

LUMNAID NOVA PACKLIGHT
[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.