Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was hoping you'd give your opinion. So flasher color definitely improves king numbers? Agreed about silvers, they'll hit anything when they're on.

I've always used red or some combination of red for kings out of habit and rarely deviate but this year I might do some non scientific experimentation. Green/chartreuse has always been what I go to for silvers off the ball with a coyote spoon.

I don't think you'd notice with sportfish numbers, IMO. With commercial you can put a whole lot more out there and catch a lot more fish and start seeing some definite trends. I know I can't really tell when sportfishing and only catching 6 kings a day. I have been using a green big shooter on one side, and a black hot spot on the other. I've been hard to keep up with this year.

Interestingly, the hot flasher in lower SE right now is a black flasher and it has been a real king catcher the last few years. They sold out of them the last few years. FYI, a lot of trollers have gone to big shooters now too, as they are a bit tougher and don't bend as quickly.

I bought a couple black flashers from short bus after calvins recomendation, out fished our traditional favorites 3-1 most days, a couple hours this morning I had 9 hookups, pard had 2.... it appears they like black. Thanks Calvin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.