I bought 3 of the VX-5HD 3-15x44, with the impact 29 moa reticle. I installed one on a 300 win (long range deer rifle) and the other on a 338 rum (long range elk rifle), and kept one to use later. I found what I thought was a good deal on them. Sighted both in and shot painted rocks at 500 and 800 yds, to verify the trajectory of each. Not alot of shooting yet, but they tracked perfectly during sight in, the etched reticle is dead on, and are as clear as can be. I'm using the etched reticle instead of spinning turrets, trying to keep the mechanical "aspect" to a minimum, for shooting big game. I really like these scopes, so far, and don't see how you can get more scope for the money.

FWIW, I replaced two VX-6 3-18's (first model) with the windplex reticle, with these. I sent the two VX-6's back to Leupold to have the CDS ZL changed out to CDS ZL2, and then mounted them on 22-250 and 308 varmint rifles. I'll spin the turrets on these for rock-chucks, this spring. I'll find out real quick, how repeatable the 6's are, after one session of shooting chucks.

Andy3