Originally Posted by TomM1
Started bare shaft tuning for a bit this evening before I ran out of light. Getting a serious nock high that hasnt ceased with the normal nock movement. I am going to try replacing the thin calf hair with a bear hair rest, seem to recall having this issue before and going to a diff rest allowed it to be tuned out with nock height adjustment.

Yea,if your shaft is bouncing off the riser you can get a false reading of nock high. Just cheap velcro cut to fit is some of the best longest lasting material you can buy for rests and strike plates. I like to use that thick double sided 3M tape under the velcro to create a pivot point. It's that tape that is spongy and a little more than 1/16" thick. Just stack a couple of pieces about 1/4" wide on top of each other under the velcro and it makes a little spongy bump under the velcro.

Another ussue is that you can only tune as well as you can shoot. Shooting bareshafts you need to shoot 10-20 shots and take the average before doing anything or you might be just chasing your tail. Any pluck on the string will cause nock high. Plus you shouldn't worry too much about nock high as long as it's not so bad as to keep the bareshaft from hitting the target.

If you get it good enough to group bareshafts with fletched arrows at 15-20 yards you have a pretty good tune. If you get good enough to group fletched arrows with bareshafts at 40 yards,you have perfected your tune and your form.