Originally Posted by Model70Guy
Originally Posted by KenMi
It probably fired. No propellant and a tight enough bullet to not move from the primer force

That's what I'd say. Forget the powder and nothing happens except the base of the bullet getting black.

You know, I wondered about that but I honestly don't think it did. Primers without powder still have an audible pop, but I heard nothing but a sold click. It's still possible as I was at a public range and wearing ear protection, but I couldn't discern anything other than the hammer hitting the primer. Who knows?

I still am having a hard time fathoming how I missed charging the case on Saturday. I'm normally a very meticulous handloader. The one on Sunday is completely understandable to me as I was still trying to get my powder measure to throw the proper charge weight. I took the second charged case and dumped it into the scale pan to weigh it. I must have then charged case #3 with the powder instead of re-adding it to #2 and continued on my merry way...

But the case on Saturday? Who knows.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear