Originally Posted by iddave
Omid,

I don't know what you're working on, but I beg of you sir, on behalf of the common man....make a scope with RELIABLE elevation dialing and RTO with capped windage at a moderate price...and you'll be able to roll around in your money-pile like Scrooge ... Don't need a reticle that looks like a game of tic-tac/toe either...MAYBE a hash or two of windage for hold-off, though even that isn't necessary.

Signed,

Every Hunter in America

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. Your wishes have come true: one of my inventions is exactly related to the problem you mentioned (maintaining original zero). In almost all riflescopes, the erector assembly which includes the reticle is tilted to adjust for elevation or windage (see picture below). This is a fundamental design flaw both optically and mechanically. I have designed a rifle scope which does not adjust point of aim by moving the reticle inside the scope. The reticle and all the lenses always remain perfectly aligned inside the scope.

I also have another scope design which does not have a fixed eye relief: you can position your eye at any distance behind the eyepiece (even to its left and right) and you still see the target image. I'll probably create a new topic and introduce some of the innovations. laugh

[Linked Image]