Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Ah, one of the pups from Mark's H-litter; the parents of that litter tested out very high and look great, so I'm thinking your pup has great genes.
And yes, I got the VDD performance tests mixed up again - sorry for the confusion. I just can't seem to keep them straight in my head. The VJP is the Spring Natural Ability Tests for 'puppies', while the Fall Breed Tests (the HZP) builds on the VJP and adds more retrieving tests. And I really messed up by confusing the spring puppy test (the VJP) with the uber demanding Utility Tests (the VGP) for fully trained versatile breed dogs given in their second fall season.

In any event, I'm betting the pup will do just fine, and he'll bring you along for the fun!

Yes, sir one of Mark's pups. I went to a number of training days before deciding to take the plunge. They seem to be a great breed though. I like the testing process as it helps keep me focused on all the various aspects that need to be trained. We hunt everything and the dogs needs to be able to contribute on all types of hunts.

AZ, yes, he is black and silver. I guess about 15% of them are black. He's top end on size at around 82 pounds so far at 10 months. Thinking he'll hit 90 probably. Good waterfowl size. Or for coon chasing lol.

JD Patrick, if you have a local chapter, I'd for sure join. The training days are great and provide many great insights into working with these dogs. Plus they benefit from being around all kinds of people and dogs. We're going to be 90 pounds and 15 months old at his VJP puppy test. Kind of funny but that is how the dates worked out.

Will update after we experience our next Sunday test.