Earlier you mentioned wanting to get another. After the two older dogs helped train the pup and passed on, I looked forward to getting back to only one dog. (Quite frankly it is much easier to keep track of one dog while in the field) I told my wife I would get a pup when Asa was 8 or 9 so she could help train it.

When Asa was three my wife convinced me to get a second for several practical reasons. She said that Asa would be young enough to play with the new pup, something the two older grumpy dogs didn't do. Second, what if Asa gets injured? Then I wouldn't be hunting for a while. Third, she said all dogs should have a companion. We have the space so why not? So we got Oli.

This pic shows Oli before I picked which pup to get. Wife says forget the interesting marked animals, look at that one looking at the camera while all the others are just wandering around. I didn't think much of it at the time. A few weeks later the prospective owners were allowed to choose which pup. By total coincidence I chose the curious pup!

[Linked Image]

At the risk of being accused of taking over this thread..(it is your fault 30338, you mentioned you used imageshack, I had not been able to post pictures for a long time so I signed up) Here is one of my favorite pics with Oli in the boat. All my dogs have been boat dogs. When you get them in the early spring what else can you do with them?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Azshooter; 11/29/18.