Haven't used either of those. Not any kind of an expert on optics, but the adjustments feel more precise than any I've used, including my SWFA. The range (and time) will tell the tale on that. The thing I am qualified to comment on is the reticle, which looks like the answer to a lot of the complaints from hunters here about visibility and spacing of the posts. The online app is very complete and offers scope-specific information about using the reticle for holdover at various power settings combined with the ballistic settings you plug in. The cartridge choices didn't include my Grendel, but I used the .260 with the bullet info and velocity from the Hornady factory ammo I have.

Assuming it holds up and holds zero, I'll consider it a good buy. A parallax-adjustable VX-3-i would be about the same price, I think; haven't checked.

Find the thread about Mule Deer's Toric review. Aside from the ED glass and power range, I think they're very similar.

Briefly considered pulling the 3.5-10 VX-3i off my .243 Number 1V and putting it on the 527 for the lighter weight and compact size, but that'll have to wait. Too many other projects under way to start scope-hopping. This Tekoa would be an excellent fit on the hefty Ruger. Maybe come Spring.

What fresh Hell is this?