I'll start off by saying I'm no handgun expert. I've had a pile over the years, but would shoot them for a bit then send em down the road.

I bought a flattop Bisley a few years ago, and found "my" cartridge. The .44 Special can and will do all I'll ever ask out of handgun and I really have enjoyed it. Been shooting a 250 Keith style over 7ish grains of Unique and feel that's about right for my needs.

I've been getting a bad itch for a DA revolver, for general carry. Torn between the S&W 69 Combat Magnum (2.75") and the GP100 (3"). Handled them both and can't say I really have a preference. I think that the 69 may carry a little better, but not sure.

Just trying to get some opinions before I buy one from some of you that are much more handgun savvy than me. Please keep in mind that the fact that the S&W can shoot magnums is irrelevant, if I go that route it will strictly see special loads/brass.

Almost picked up the Ruger today, but I am having a helluva hard time picking between the two. Both isn't an option right now.

Thanks.