Dime-a-dozen M2's are fetching $1500 these days. (I paid $285 at a "pre-death" estate auction back in the Stone Age for mine. The old guy who had it had brought it out of the Letterkenny Army Depot piece by piece when he worked there during the War. It was missing the Lyman 48 and when I pointed that out he said he thinks he knows where it is. Darned if it didn't show up in the mail a week later. Don't worry, the statute of limitations is up. I checked.)

I had an M2 that someone converted to centerfire and chambered it for .22K-Hornet. Quite the barn burner, it was, but it kept breaking firing pins for some reason I never figured out. Another M2 was absolutely mint, paid the then outrageous sum of $700 for it. When along came another collector who had to have it and made me an offer I couldn't refuse....

I made my most spectacular squirrel shot with an M2 fitted with a 6x Fecker Small Game scope firing Eley Tenex. I had been using the gun to shoot smallbore silhouette and knew the scope setting for 100 meters, so when I saw the little bugger way up in a tall oak tree a helluva distance away, I dialed in the 100 meter settings and added a whole bunch more clicks of elevation on top of that. Pop! A second later I heard the bullet hit and in slow motion the bushytail fell out of the tree dead as a squirrel can be. Paced it off to 130 yards to the base of the tree, plus another 70-80 feet up- you trigonometry guys figure out the actual distance. My buddy, Larry Shull, was sitting a ways in back of me and witnessed it, whereupon (after calling me a lot of bad names) he said he would be my witness if anybody ever doubted the story. Sadly he died two years ago, so y'all just gotta believe me now. These days I can't even see a squirrel that far away...

Last edited by gnoahhh; 09/13/17.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty