Originally Posted by Pappy348
Better staple the bottom or your bloomers will be flapping in the wind. I used some of that in my two-person ladder last season, tied to the shooting rail. Kept my foot on it on windy days.

Copy that, Pappy!

Starting about 10 years ago, I seriously started working on what was the best way to put a camo skirt on a shooting rail. Burlap? Die-cut? What I found was the best bang for the buck was Camo Burlap with black landscape fabric backing. The latter was there to keep the sun from back-lighting you.

So there I was with my new-found knowledge, sitting in a buddy ladderstand on the Opener, a big buck popped out at 400 yards and took one look my way and VOOOOM! He lit the afterburners and ran. All he could have seen was the top of my head-- at 400 yards it would be a flyspeck. Then I looked down and the burlap was blowing in the breeze! He'd picked up on the movement. SInce then, I've made sure to tie-off the burlap to the back of the stand with electrical ties.

BTW: That's how I put my skirts on a buddy stand. I first put round pipe insulation all the way around the shooting rail, afixed with electrical ties and then use the burlap and landscaping fabric over that. The pipe insulation acts as a padded rifle rest.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer