"If you build it, they will come."

I now have trail cam footage from Hollywood. Last Sunday, I mounted the camera about 6 feet up the NW leg looking west. The video is a timelapse of the previous week. It takes over 9 minutes to run through, but there's a lot in there.

There are no monster bucks. However, I think you'll see why I was leaving puddles when I viewed the pics. I've analyzed some of the pics taken at night. There is a couple of hat racks mixed in, but they're known offenders-- younger 8 pointers that are part of a bachelor group we see on a regular basis.

T, W, and TH, the remnants of Irma blew over.

A spider built a nest in front of the lens, but it did not really affect the quality. However, that's the big black blob you occasionally see blotting out the sky.

It's funny, but after I placed the camera on the 10th I was having serious misgivings. You have to understand that we've spent 16 years treating this pasture as nothing more than an alternate way of getting back and forth to our campground. I have hunted it only a few times from the ground and every time I've been busted by a doe. The only real hint that there was something in this pasture was the afternoon of The Rifle Opener two years ago. I was late getting out to my blind and was passing this field an hour or so before sunset and interrupted a very large herd of deer having supper. I had not even mounted a camera at this site prior to this batch of pics. Building this tower was a mix of faith and guesswork.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer