Originally Posted by fluffy
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I My heavy barrel 308 shoots as good at long range as the Creedmoor does.

well ,no that's the point, it doesn't. grin supposed to shoot flatter and retain more energy than the 308 at long range.

a lot of it is the bullets.that 6.5mm 143 gr BC is .625, the same make and model 30 cal 168gr is .523.

The 308 is just as good at the ranges that I, and that's spelled with a capital I, shoot. If you read my post, I'm not into long range shooting. I have a 500 yard range that I can shoot some steel on, and that's just for fun. For me and my purposes, the 308, or for that matter, a host of other cartridges will do just as good, if not better, than the Creedmoor. If I were into competition shooting, then my wants and needs would be different. Obviously, it's a good cartridge, it wouldn't be as popular as it is, and I wouldn't own one and post how accurate I've found it to be. But, for the needs of 90% of the people who hunt, there are a bunch of other cartridges that will work just as good.

Not trying to start a war of words over such a trivial matter, but my needs and yours, as far as rifle cartridges go, are probably different.