Originally Posted by Cowboybart

Originally Posted by haverluk
North island or South island? Any specific areas you will be in?

I know I will be in Queenstown (south island) for 4 days or so. Probably 4-5 days on the North Island too - just don't know where yet.

Queenstown is a little too white kids with dreadlocks for my taste but you will be able to stir up some adventure sports if you are into that. Make sure you take the gondola over the city. That should not be missed. Wanaka was a hour away and I enjoyed my time that town way more.

I have a buddy that is an outfitter/guide in Dunedin. He could most definitely help you with some stag, deer, pig, goat and arapawa ram in a day or two trip. Tahr and chamois if you have the means to get up the mountain. Mark Allison in Dunedin Mark is an awesome guy and will bend over backwards to accommodate your timelines. Even on short notice. He also has good loner rifles for you to use for your hunt. His prices are great too! My stag is right there on his homepage. Mark has a good taxidermist right there in Dunedin that was very well priced and they work with a good exporter too. Pretty great experience all around.

Semper Fi