Originally Posted by dodgefan
I'm going to jump in with the trigger control group, because I know for a fact it's pretty easy to jerk a shot 5-6 inches (God knows I've done it enough) out of a group at 7 yards or so and you'd be hard pressed to do that with great trigger control and the front sight lined up anywhere in the back notch.

I think the good thing for me about concentrating on sight alignment really hard is it allows my subconscious to handle the trigger pull.

Yes! that's exactly what I've been saying, but maybe you said it a little better.

My advice to the OP is to work on trigger control and grip. (Especially since he's acknowledged that trigger control is a problem.) Aiming the sights is relatively easy in comparison, and even poor sight alignment with good trigger control results in better shooting than perfect sights and poor trigger control.

Besides lots of dry fire, I recommend some live fire just shooting into a berm without aiming, just focus on the trigger. That's partly to prevent developing a flinch, as well as to help train your hand and arm muscles to do the right things.

Also, I wouldn't do a lot of dry fire on that .22 rimfire. Pick up a cheap Glock; if you develop good trigger control with that you'll do great with most everything else,.