I picked up a used Remington ss fluted CDL with a B&C stock a month or so ago. Order some norma brass, dies, etc. Anyway, this will be my first time loading for a weatherby mag. I trying out the 110 Accubonds.

Tried my first loads last night with 66.5 gr of some h4831sc I had on hand. From my research, not widely used in this caliber but I had it so I tried it. From what I'm reading H1000 or 7828 may be a better option, maybe even the RL22 but I hear it can be more temp sensitive.

Anyway, my first group was just under 2in @100. I've never had a group so large with my first handloads out of any rifle. I guess I've been lucky and I guess there is always time for a first. I know I still have a lot of loads to try.

I've always found the lands on my standard calibers and gone from there but I realize this isn't really an option with this one. So I guess my question is about overall max length.

One book as coal at 3.170 max, nosler had it at 3.209, so I got to looking at what other folks were doing for max coal, I'm seeing them way longer than what I mentioned and some folks loading to as long as the magazine will allow. I have a ton of room in my magazine at 3.209. I'm assuming the free bore helps keep the pressure down on these longer loads.

I guess my main question is how are folks coming up with these way over book max length when free bore is involved? Is it even necessary due to the freebore.
What powders have you found best for the 110 accubonds in this caliber?

Thanks, Matt