Geez memtb, you and your wife pack a lot of lead.... grin.... I had my 338wm out of the safe yesterday, a buddy wanted to check it out. He's talking about going to Idaho for a cow hunt this December. He was telling me a story about losing a nice bull last year, while using his 308win. He said he shot, there was no sign of a hit and the bull ran off. He went to see if he could spot blood, but there was nothing. He looked around the area for a few hours. The farmer (who witnessed the shot) that owns the property told him he didn't hit the bull and to keep hunting, so that's what my buddy did. The next day, they saw birds circling the same area and they went to investigate and found the bull about 300 yards from where my friend thought he hit him. Now my friend is a little reluctant about using his 308 for elk and wants something that will "leave a blood trail". I'm sure the 308 would if you use the right bullet, but he's convinced he needs a "magnum" now.... I told him my 338 isn't for sale too!!! grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA