Originally Posted by logcutter
The biggest model requires TWO one--pound propane tanks (or, I suppose, a hose and a 20 lb. tank), which seems more than I need even though it is claimed to be portable. OTOH, the Amazon "Best Seller" is the 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Outdoor version, which uses only one of the smaller tanks. Each seems to have the same safety features. Comments?

I have both!..The big buddy has two places for portable/thow away 1# tanks or on the one side there is a quick connect fitting for a larger tank.I use a 10 and 25 gallon tank when out in cold for a long time like hunting...The little buddy or now called the portable buddy is exactly the same except it only has one burner and one place for a throw away tank.I bought the hose to an extenernal tank for it and had nothing but issues trying to plumb it into my camper...The problem was and is the little buddy heater already has a regulator where you screw in the bottle so I was running it through two regulators...I ran it direct to the tank and it works like a charm.

The features are the same on both..

I also have both with hoses for bulk tanks.
The big buddy's hose cost three times what the small one does due to the attached regulator which recently quit working. The little one works fine for my needs and I have no desire to pay $35 for a new one so I'm just going to sell the big one.

I understand your frustration trying to figure out the problem running the little one off your camper.
Sounds like something I would do.