I picked up an Ivers Johnson .22 Supershot Sealed Eight a couple of weeks ago from my LGS. It's a double action top break eight shot revolver. They were made between 1947 and 1954. There's not much finish left. It's mostly brown, but it locks up tight and is well timed. I just got a chance to shoot it for the first time last week. What a hoot! I was surprised by how accurate it is. The sights are pretty small for someone who's about the same age as the gun is, but I'm happy. Groups were about as good as I can shoot any handgun. They were about three inches low and the screw holding the sight was stuck tight (go figure!). I put some Kroil on it later and broke it loose and made an adjustment guess. I'll be sure to take the proper screwdriver with me next time. I've never owned a top break before. I was surprised by how easy and fast it is to load. The box of 325 Federal bulk was more than half empty before I knew it, and the barrel was almost too hot to touch! I hadn't expected to do any more than function test it. I was actually at the range to sight in a couple of deer rifles. Next time I'll bring a bunch of different .22 loads and see what it likes.

Mike

Attached Images
Ivers Johnson 22 (2).JPG (78.86 KB, 39 downloads)

Member:
NRA
Ohio Gun Collectors Association