Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by stew
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
How'd your hunt go?
It was a bit warm in the Kootenays for my hunt and the bulls weren't rutting during the day. Still saw 6 bulls, but saw the largest on day 2 and 3 and turned them down. Ended up shooting a nice meat bull on day 8 after the weather turned warm and foggy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Who were you hunting with in B.C. you mention the kootenays, that is a nice looking bull
if taking there. Looks like you may have taken him right on a landing for the trees look cut.
Congrats

I was hunting north of Revelstoke with Brian Glaicar. I passed on a bigger bull several times because it had only 2 brow tines and looked almost exactly like the bull I killed several years ago with Steven Leuenberger farther south.
It was on the edge of a fresh cut almost at tree line. The fog was so thick we had to go 4000ft above the lake just to hunt in the clear.

Thanks, ya he gets some nice bulls in his area, any pictures you can share from the one out of Leuenbergers area. That is one of the problems
with some of the moose in this country Good brows are hard to find lots are just forks or singles.