I knew of them, and had seen videos of them in the past. Seems like a good way to put a smile on the face and blow through a lot of (these days) way overpriced .223 or 5.56 ammo. About it. Thought of them as a gadget with no practical use....unless you're stocking that bug out bunker for the end days or want to shoot up a crowd I suppose.

I saw them years ago and figure if little old me gets into a situation that I need suppressive machine gun fire I've gotten myself into my final pickle.

That's about it. If I can't handle it with a sidearm, a bolt rifle or two, an AR or mini-14, and some 20 or 30 rounders, what the hell is a bump stock going to do for me? Keep someone's head down so my 54 year old buddy with the herniated disc and bum leg can flank our assailants?

Would I vote to ban or control them? No. Let the gun grabbers fight for every inch. This will be their new "baby" that they go after. They'll probably get it, and can then gloat how they are "saving lives and have gone a long way to preventing the next Mandalay Bay with this wonderful new legislation, but it's not enough".

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.