Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Gladesman- That should be a fine bullet...shoot both deer and hogs through the shoulders/ or get some bone until you determine you are pushing them fast enough. I have shot a lot of game with Barnes, from .22 to .375 and they all loved speed so I'm thinking the GMX will too! have a ball man (and some boudain!)

Thanks, Jim. Going to the camp Monday. I hoped to load up enough to chronograph and try at some distance. I am shooting the 125s out of my Ruger Scout Rifle with the 18.7' barrel. 50 yard 3 shot groups were triangular shaped holes. My range at the house is limited to 50 yards. I can go to 300 plus at the camp range. However, most shots at game at the camp are 100 yards or less.

Tough to beat good Boudin. Many years ago when I was rough-necking in the south Louisiana oil patch I fell in love with that stuff. Back then it was hard to get above Alexandria. Now it is pretty much all over the state.

There was no greater freedom than when I would leave Holiday Park Fish Camp heading my airboat west toward the Big Cypress. Fuel for 4 days, a good machete, an ice chest. No phone, no radio. Just God and me and the Everglades.