Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
I dip it each time I run the mop back and forth.

I also take a rag and make sure I removed all the DBC from outside the barrel (i.e. near the muzzle). I didn't do that once and a bit of DBC hardened there and it was difficult to get it off.

+1

I clamp my cleaned rifle in a padded vice, barrel straight down. I tape a shotgun hull to the muzzle to catch runoff product. I dip a loose fitting patch, use a slotted tip, run it back and forth as I advance it down the barrel, chamber to bore. I do that several times. I turn the gun upside down, muzzle up, block the chamber with a rag and repeat the process.

Prep is the secret. I use a Hawkeye borescope to make sure the bore is absolutely clean before starting the process.

I usually let DBC dry for a few days or until I get to the range. Sometimes it may be a week or two.

After a few shoot and clean cycles, cleaning seems to get even easier. I have premium barrels, Hart, Brux, Kreiger, etc. that just about don't foul even after a number of rounds. And, that's checking with the Hawkeye. I swap out powder residue with Wipe Out, take a peek with the scope and I'm good to go.

Great product.

DF