Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am thinking about trying it, the 10 is probably better, but certainly more expensive to practice with as well.

185 jhps and 230 gold dots. Never an issue.

10mm does more damage.

You can practice with anything, even a 22, its all teh same. sight alignment, sight picture, smooth press. FWIW.

Wife shoots 10mm quite a bit, practices a lot with a 22 upper on it. They both work well.

I will say I'm not overly impressed with 230 hardball, its all I had in a 3 inch kimber once while trailing a deer a buddy shot... finally he saw her behind cactus and I was trying to get to see her head.. when she bailed. I dumped off 4 rounds, and hit all 4, of course in the back end. Penetration was fine, but there was not much bleeding from those rounds. I think a 230 gold dot would have opened in the hind and she would have been dead shortly... later that morning another buddy was with us when his dog bayed her, she died from a 230 fmj, but that was a head shot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....