Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by S99VG
Damn, I just got rid of a Jeep. A 98 Cherokee. I put over 170K on that thing and threw a lot of money at it too. But to be fair a lot of that scratch had to do with miles on the OD and years down the road. I love Cherokees and get a bit weepy whenever I see a nice one drive by. They are a great little rig for what they are.

Heh. I just got rid of a 1996 Cherokee that I'd had since 1997. Think it was at 178K. Lots of fishing trips, hunting trips, family trips, and it survived 3 boys learning to drive through high school.

Driving a Patriot now as a commuter car. It's okay, but it's like having a Prius unstead of an F150.

I took mine to 240K. I found a guy in his late 20s with a young daughter and another one the way who needed a vehicle for work and a little play. The smog and water pump needed some serious attention so I said I'll take care of the water pump if you want to fix the smog. He did and I did and now my old Cherokee has a happy new home. He's a neighbor of a co-woker who tells me he's crazy about it. So I'm happy it went down the road to someone who needed a vehicle and appreciated it as the wrecking yard was the only other alternative. Gotta love those Cherokees. Now I'm sporting a "new to me" 2.0 AWD 2013 Ford Escape I found with a tad under 27K on the OD. What a world of difference but it will never see the same use as my old rig. My apologies to FB2 for going way OT on this one.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"