Tim,

I'll try to get ya a better pic of that one for you later on. It's my working/daily carry knife, so sees a lot of use. I've developed a habit of not splitting the brisket on critters to save the capes. Not exactly sure how I got in that habit, but its the way I do 'em all these days. I have a couple of friends who are Taxidermists and I used to give 'em capes if they needed 'em. Anyway, I usually reach up inside and cut the trake purely by feel. That little blade is invaluable for doing that as it's small enough to maneuver inside the chest cavity even on the small bodied Texas deer I'm used to. I've taken more hogs and deer apart with that little blade than any dozen other knives combined. I usually carry a bigger knife just because I can, but that one is my favorite and is handier than a pocket on a shirt. As I'm learning more about hunting in the mountains its easy to see how the weight savings of carrying that little blade would be very appealing. I've pealed hides and so forth and never wanted for a bigger blade, so could easily carry that one by itself and never look back.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/