Originally Posted by ro1459
You would think that this writer would check facts before going to press. There are too many outright lies in the article to list. However, one I am totally familiar with is his last paragraph were he says more than twice the number of Americans were killed last year than in the Revolutionary War. Fact: No accurate numbers are known about how many were killed in the war. However, it is widely agreed that number is around 25,000. On average, 12,000 American are killed every year by firearms. That is all causes of firearms death, including accidents and self inflected death. According to Politifact and several other publications, in 2016, there were 11,876 deaths from all sources of firearms in America. Hardly the twice as many as during the total Revolutionary War as claimed.

Anti gunners are the "end justifies the means", "win at all cost" crowd, they don`t care about facts, never have. They use the "gun deaths" argument, not because they care about the dead, but because they it will move the uninformed in their direction to further their agenda which is to get rid of guns. It is frustrating for me to see my fellow 2A supporters still talking about gun control as if it were actually about saving lives (not pointing at you ro, just generally speaking) saying we should compromise, there is no compromise, we give, they take. The anti`s aren`t the stupid fools many believe them to be, they are wise in the way of manipulation. As far as I`m concerned, not one more inch, but sadly, the 2A will die the death of 1000 cuts.....