Originally Posted by chris57
What is a 1903 Savage pump action 22 in excellent shape worth now a days? I have one I'm interested in but $500.00 seems a bit steep. I offered a nice 1950's R with a Weaver 4x scope with original sling eyes in trade but he wasn't interested. It seems like the 99 market is really flat now but I would think it's worth 500 bucks at least. Might have to try selling the 99 to buy the 1903. I appreciate any input.
Thanks!

Is there anything special about the 1903? For instance is it marked 22 short only? Does it have a longer than 24 inch barrel? Is the buttplate a metal cresent buttplate or composite shotgun style?

Then there is condition: original condition or redone? If original,% blue left and %finish on wood. Extra holes in either? How's the bore? Does it have an original magazine?

If it is as nice as you say 500 may be reasonable, they aren't making anymore but there are still a lot of survivors out there.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison