Originally Posted by Mjduct
Super chickens are daytime dialing scopes... good for that but for the price, you are sacrificing coatings on the glass... they have always been middle of the road in that department, for the pirice point not bad, but as all thigns it is a compromise and it depends on your field situation/ needs.

To be clear: I could see what I was aiming at, but not what I was aiming with. A similar reticle with a dimly lit aiming point would have made all the difference as would posts that came closer to the center. This is where the long-range dialers fall short as hunting scopes, at least in the woods. I realize that many use them with good success in open country where it's easier to see, even early and late, and where there may be time to bracket the target, but up close in the gloom on a moving target like a traveling or feeding deer, those reticles put you at a considerable disadvantage.

At my next opportunity, I'll do the same test with the TPlex in my Tract, also a 42mm, set at 6x. Since the posts come much closer to the center, I expect it to do better. Also in the pipe is a humble Weaver K6 with a simple duplex. That one, if it passes the test, can go in the spare low rings I have on my Ruger for the season.

What fresh Hell is this?