Bobby I have a red/green VLR-1 I bought from Selph Arms fellow named Brad I think, its a good light and has two LED's red and green. The wicked light I bought is heavier but has more beam power in my opinion but I just use the smaller one more often due to weight. I agree at low power the image in a 50mm scope seems easier to find, but I have not hunted with a new 50mm objective with newer coatings after dark, my experience there is limited.

At sunset plus 30 the little 1-4 SWFA craps out tested this saturday, I don't think the coatings are that good on the 1-4's and someone else has alluded to the fact they are daylight dialing scopes.,,, makes me wonder about their HD line if they are any better regards lower light??

Yes Leupold does suck immeasurably with their mechanics however the older VX6 1-6 24 mm objective and heavier reticle is awful close at 4X to a Zeiss victory with a number 60 in it 1.5-6 x 42 random testing by peering off my deck near dark and hunting with both until sunset plus 30. It almost makes it worthwhile in the $1000 Leupold to put up with the adjustment BS if only on a hunting rifle you use locally.

When its after 30 minutes from sunset, I have a mounted and hand held light! so I am probably dumbassidly considering a Trijicon FFP 1-8 x 28 for a new night hunting rifle I am putting together, this plus a red/green light and I for the life of me cannot understand why this would be a handicap over a Zeiss, or SB, or Swarovski with a 50 mm objective considering I am using the light.