I am looking for a North American big game (let's say everything but big bears) rifle and am experiencing a certain level of purchase paralysis. I am going to do a bucket list pronghorn hunt sometime in the near future, so a gun capable of very good accuracy out to perhaps 400 yards would be important. I may do an elk hunt at some point as well. Let me tell you where I stand so that you can give me the best possible info for my situation.

I had total shoulder replacement surgery, and it didn't heal very well. In fact I need another surgery. I have found that about 15 foot pounds of recoil is my comfort threshold. Closer to 12 is better yet. On the upper end, that means a 7MM-08 is about as much as I want to manage. On the lower end I am looking at 25 caliber cartridges. With those as the upper and lower end, that gives me the following options.

257 Roberts
25-06
6.5 Creedmoor
260 Remington
6.5x55
6.5x284
7x57
7MM-08

Here's where things may sound odd. I have rifles in 4 of the above chamberings. 2 are Ruger ultralights (257R and 7MM-08) that weigh right at 7.5 pounds scoped. One is a Ruger Predator 6.5CM and one is a 6.5x55 Howa. They both weigh 9.5 pounds scoped. The ultralights are accurate enough for the short ranges I normally use them at, but I would not be as comfortable as I'd like to be with their accuracy out to 400 yards. The 6.5 rifles are very accurate, but are too heavy for all purpose walk-about rifles. The hole that I need to fill is a highly accurate rifle that comes in under 8 pounds scoped. I have always made do with standard mass produced rifles. Lately though, I have had an itch to get up into semi-custom territory, though that isn't absolutely necessary.

My options at this point are getting a good gunsmith to either accurize one of my ultralights or put one of my heavyweights on a diet. I'd really prefer to leave the Roberts UL as is. Or I could buy a semi-custom (Nosler, MRC, etc.) rifle. If I went that route, $1500 would be my arbitrary upper limit. Or I could buy a mass produced rifle known for being accurate (Savage or Tikka come to mind.) I do prefer US manufactured rifles, but that's not an absolute must. I also prefer stainless, but that's not an absolute must either.

How would you fill that hole given the information I have provided?