Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
It
The 1913 22HP that is now a .250-300, professional restored at some point in its life, didn't fare so well for accuracy but the newer scope I put on it but I didn't have time to fiddle with the scope, I was there to chrono the Remington box ammo .250 with 100 gr projectiles so I could get some velocity readings and come close or below Remington velocities.

Put that one away for another day to figure out the accuracy with the scope.

Last up was the [b]1913 22 Hi Power using Lelliar & Bellot box ammo with 70 gr projectiles.
First shot I noticed I wasn't even on paper. The Marbles Tang peep is adjusted to it's lower point and still shooting too high. Do they make a shorter shaft for the Marbles to get that peep down lower? It was adjusted down to max.
So I flipped that down and flipped up the standard buck rear sight. Much better, first shot at 50 yards was 2" right of center. Next shot was 6" right of center. WHAT THE HECK? I couldn't get any good accuracy with the 6 shots I fired but when I start reloading this round I hope to draw that group in.

Yesterday after work I had another session with the two "problem" rifles that I have not reloaded for yet (still waiting on components)

The .250-3000 mystery was solved, the Leopold scope mount (with stripped out slot on top, rear screw by former owner) was kitty-wampus. It was mounted to the receiver poorly. I adjusted the Leopold 2x7 (25yards to get it on paper) to the left maximum and it was still popping paper 3" right, but with a nice tight group. When I got home I managed to get the scope mount off albeit at the cost of a broker screw in the receiver. Its back to it's original buckhorn set up for now until I find some time to slap the rifle in a mount and drill out that screw on the receiver.

The 22HP with the L&B "Shotgun" pattern ammunition was still apparent even at 25 yards using the folding buckhorn.(I didn't bother with the Marbles, its way too tall)

I will reload my own when components come and wait to see if that straightens things out with this 1913 made 22HP. If not, he'll be a wall hanger in our cabin we're building in Montana, or perhaps find a replacement barrel for it.

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 10/17/17.